January 2, 2009

Pictures!

Here's a picture of my niece, "M". At four months, she's already begun a rigorous sit-up routine to keep her core strong:

And here's a shot of the two "brothers". The original bike on your left, the modern reincarnation "Velotron" on your right. My original bike has sadly been stripped of it's tires and pedals by mysterious cannibals. Velotron currently has massive 48cm wide handlebars on it. Thought I'd give 'em a try. They are monstrously wide...time will tell if I like them or switch to a more normal width handlebar. I do seem to breathe deeper, though I'm sure the aerodynamics are suffering. Decisions...
And no, that's not an optical illusion. My nose really is that big*! I will never by stranded at sea, because my nose doubles as a very efficient sail. Oddly enough, even with such a huge honker, I can't hardly smell anything. Irony: I has it!

And finally, this saddle should bring back memories for the old-timers:
Velotron has a NOS Turbo saddle. Unfortunately, the one with world champion (?) stripes cost roughly twice as much, so Velotron is lacking the full color effect. Still comfy, though.

*Amusing footnote: Several years ago I had my sinuses roto-rooted. The surgeon subtly mentioned to me that he's also a cosmetic surgeon, and could trim my nose down a bit while he was in there. No thank you, my nose may be getting bigger every year, but I like it! Scares the pigeons away. And if a bear attacks me, all I have to do is turn sideways to present my nose in profile, and it will surely flee in terror.

No comments: