December 28, 2008

Bike ride!

Ah, the late December bike ride. Nothing better. It was a balmy 47 degrees today, mild wind of 10-15mph. Me and Velotron headed out to Creve Coeur Park for some peaceful car-free cycling. Aside from all the pedestrian traffic, it was glorious! The Missouri River is also clear of ice...just three days ago it looked like the Artic Ocean. Here's a picture of Velotron on the Page Bridge pedestrian path, looking north into St. Charles. My apologies for the crappy phone picture, see my post about needing a camera...


Unfortunately, my legs were like Jello. I tried to put the power down, but nothing happened. It was like pushing on the pedals with wet noodles. Clearly I need to spend more quality time on the indoor trainer, sigh. A pair of cyclists in THF Realty kit passed me on Hog Hollow like I was standing still. Or even going backwards. That's just embarrassing, and Velotron was not pleased, either. I think I need to buy a Tour de France video for motivation while on that pesky indoor trainer.

No comments: