March 9, 2009

Spring (maybe) is here!

Well, mostly. It's regularly above freezing, and that's good enough for me. A little windy? Sure. Rainy? Yes. Perfect weather for a bike ride? Not really. But it IS acceptable weather for a bike ride, and that makes all the difference in the world. So far I've lost 8 pounds just thinking about riding my bike. Okay maybe a few actual bike rides have contributed. My body definitely realizes it's time to shed some fat so I can go fast.

In other news, my heart was ripped asunder on Sunday. I was 3 seconds away from the deal of a lifetime on a lovely 2003 Litespeed Classic titanium bike. Traditional geometry, oversized tubes, and pure titanium goodness. But some damn eBay sniper swooped in and stole my prize. Actually the price went over what I was willing to pay, so it's okay. I love titanium, and have always wanted a titanium bike...but I'm not going to pay stupid prices for it. I will own one eventually, or not. Either way, it's spring!

Wind? Yes. Took the single-speed, fendered bike up to the Post Office Sunday, and nearly toppled over from the 45mph gusts. And I'm not light, and generally very well-balanced. But it was warm, and I was on my bike, and no cars ran me over, so it was a fantastic ride.

Time to start putting in the serious miles...

No comments: