January 10, 2010

Not the Best Car for Snow

I was out getting some stuff, and came across a Nissan 350Z having some trouble.  He was trying to escape a parking lot with about 1" of snowy slush on the ground, spinning his tires frantically.  What is odd is the other 2 exits from the lot were completely clear, but he seemed intent.

This is clearly not the actual car, I thought it might be rude to stop and take a picture.  Rear-wheel drive, nice wide tires, and overall an excellent car.  Not for the snow, though.  Apparently not even a little snow.

The Super Wagon with its fresh all-season tires and all-wheel-drive barely even noticed the snow - it shines in the snow - but the 350Z fella' was having all kinds of trouble.

(not my wagon, either, but similar)

Reminds me of my old Toyota MR2 Turbo.  Fantastic car 350 days of the year, but with even a hint of snow it was rendered useless.  The 350Z was gone when I came back by, so he either successfully navigated out, or gave up and used one of the clear exits.  I would imagine a Corvette Z06 would be similarly useless in that situation.  Just sayin'.

Here are some gratuitous photos of other Super Wagons:


 

No comments: