January 23, 2010

Reshuffling

If you look closely, you'll see I've reordered my bike list.  The Jake the Snake still takes top honors, although I fear for its life.  Many miles on that aluminum frame.  The odometer reads ~13,000 - and it got reset at some point with new batteries.  May be time to retire the old boy.  Probably 90% of those miles were spent on epic rides on the Katy Trail.  For the past year or so, the Jake has been neglected.  Too many pedestrians have overrun the Katy Trail, and it just got too boring.

And the Top Secret bike has sadly plummeted to the bottom.  I don't know exactly why.  On paper, its geometry nearly matches the orange Trek.  It should fit.  But somehow I can never get comfortable on it.  I've swapped stems, changed saddles, moved the saddle around, everything.  I just never "settle in" to it.  It baffles me, but there it is.

No comments: