January 23, 2010

Too Many Bikes

I have an addiction.  I buy too many bicycles, and then refuse to get rid of them.  Need proof?

This is the "master bedroom".  It's bad enough I rent a 2-bedroom apartment just to have room for bikes.  But then they go and take over the main bedroom!  I am relegated to the smaller room.  While it's true all of these bikes get out and about from time to time, there's simply no rational reason to have so many.  In just this photo there are three road bikes, a road frameset, a 'cross bike, a singlespeed, and a mountain bike.  Like I said, it's a problem.

I theorize that the problem stems from my lack of having had a bike as a kid.  My first bike was my dad's ten speed.  He's about 5'11, and obviously it took me a few years to grow tall enough to ride it.  The reasons for my lack of bikes is unknown.  My older brother had a bike.  I figure it was because I was growing so fast, my parents didn't want to buy anything that would be useless in a year or two.

So now I horde them.  C'est la vie.

In other news, here's a picture of my niece M from Christmas:
She is currently going through a "lean against the wall and make faces" phase.  It's quite cute, don't you think?  Compare that photo to one from last Christmas:

What a difference a year makes!

No comments: