April 23, 2009

Going to be a long weekend

Oi. This will be a long weekend. Not only is my job temporarily stressful, I keep looking at the Project One picture of my phantom Trek:
and the picture of the bike formerly known as my TCR:
I'm looking forward to the Trek, with it's more "stage race", relaxed geometry. Look at those long, luscious chainstays. Compared to the criterium geometry of the TCR: Chainstays so short they had to smush the seat tube to fit the tire. By comparison the Trek should be very Cadillac-like. I don't race, I don't need crit geometry. And even the SUB:Sadly, the SUB is the only bike I can actually ride. It's an awesome bike, make no mistake. But it has heavy wheels and knobby tires - not exactly a speed demon. And I sometimes wonder how much longer the SUB's frame is for this world. It has a lot of miles. 13,000 on the computer, and I changed the battery a couple years ago. No visible cracks in the frame, and it rides and sounds fine. Hopefully it does not snap in half at an inopportune moment. I think the SUB and I will have to spend a lot of quality time together this weekend, to take my mind off the coy and elusive Trek...

No comments: