November 19, 2009

Droid is mine!


Yes, well, now I have one.  I couldn't resist.  Really, the cost of a Droid is nothing compared to the cost of cycling.  And my current employer gets me a 21% discount on the plan fees, and 25% off accessories.  It would be foolish not to take advantage of that while I can, right?  At any rate I have one.  After a few hours of using it, I love it.  Intuitive, fast and smooth.  I've already downloaded some apps to make my life better.

Mostly games, to keep me occupied at work while the scientific research at the site slowly dwindles to nothing...at least until the new owners move in.  And the "lightsaber" app, so I can pretend I'm Darth Vader.  Stupid, but strangely alluring.  The Droid has a dark side...

Hopefully tomorrow I will start putting more parts on the Gunnar.  I've been distracted by general malaise...possibly caused by my impending unemployment.

1 comment:

Bobber said...

Nice. Very enticing but I have plenty of geeky things in my life right now. A simple cell phone is all I need. But I'm big on Android. Hope it overtakes iPhone eventually.