November 28, 2009

Gunnar nearly done!



Well my long-term winter project is nearly complete.  Once I get started building a bike, it's ON!, regardless of my initial intentions.
Everything is on.  Still need to wrap the bars, slap on some pedals and adjust the drivetrain.  Seatpost collar is the wrong size...30.0 and I need a 28.6.  It clamps, mostly, but the collar is all closed up.  The Salsa Lip-Lock is a nice seatpost collar, though!  Detail of the rear triangle:
 


And the front end.  Upon greasing, I noticed the Reynolds brake nut was cracked!  It's on there, just holding the brake in place, but probably not a good idea to actually use the brakes.  Hopefully the local bike shop can set me up.

With our globally-warmed winter going on, I should have plenty of opportunity to ride the new bike in above-freezing weather.  65 degrees after Thanksgiving...it's absurd!

1 comment:

Brian H. said...

Yes, I like to use a lot of tape to secure the cables to the bars. I don't like them moving around under the tape!