November 27, 2009

Gunnar crank, brakes




Got the crank, derailleurs, and brakes onto the frame now.  I'll save the chain and cabling for tomorrow.  I'm too exhausted by my niece to focus properly.  Chain installation and cable routing is no joke!

If you look closely, you'll see that I haven't adjusted the brake pads...or tightened down the saddle.  Nor have I really fixed the brakes to final torque.  What can I say, I'm tired.  But it's looking more like a bike.  I must give credit to Gunnar, the craftsmanship on the frame is outstanding.  The normal bikes I build require a little tweaking and finesse to make everything fit right.  Not on this frame, everything just bolts right up.  A little trouble with the Force cranks.  Using the included spacers as the instructions say, the crank seized against the frame when even remotely tightened.  Removed the spacers, and all was well.  So much for following instructions.

In other news a shout out to my friend Ryan.  He just bought his first road bike, the excellent Cannondale CAAD9 4, with Sram Force/Rival group.  I've seen pics, it's a sweet ride.

No comments: