November 22, 2009

Ted's Montana Grill

In Indianapolis, there's a restaurant called "Ted's Montana Grill", started up by Ted Turner the TV guy and some other restaurant guy.  Apparently it's quite "eco-friendly".  All I know is they had paper straws, which were kind of cool.  Mysterious how they don't become soggy, but cool.  It's a nice place, down-homey kind of atmosphere.  Lots of wood, dim lighting, kind of Outback Steakhouse-y without the Outback.

I've been craving their onion rings lately.  You may think you've had onion rings.  They're oniony, and ringy.  But the onion rings at Ted's are on a whole other level.  As it happens, there's also a Ted's in Kansas City.  Also some scattered around Chicago.  None in St. Louis.  Indy is about 5 hours away, Chicago about 5, KC about 4.  Six of one, half-dozen of the other.  I'm thinking it's road trip time.  The Super Wagon needs to roam free.  This weekend is Thanksgiving, so that's out.  Maybe next weekend?  Then again, 8 hours of my life for onion rings...maybe I should re-think this.

Anyone know where to get some good onion rings locally?  Thick, tasty, cooked just right.  I don't want raw onion, and I don't want onion that's cooked into oblivion.  Help me out, save some gas.  Do it for Ted Turner, he's "green."  Apparently.  He uses paper straws.

No comments: