November 16, 2009

Gunnar Rolls On


As you can see, some progress was made on the Gunnar today.  I snuck out of work to take the bike up to Ghisallo, where Jim again did some outstanding work.  Cut the steer tube, installed the compression plug, ordered some miscellaneous tidbits for me.  Front derailleur clamp, black seatpost clamp, brake cables.  I expect that by this weekend all the pieces will fall into place, and I can start final assembly. Not that I'm in any hurry, as the monsoon appears to be back in town this week.

See that saddle on there?  Riders "of a certain age" might recognize it.  You know you are jealous.  It's ok. Really.  I'm sure your saddle is just fine.

5 comments:

Bobber said...

Can't see the pics.

Brian H. said...

Thanks bobber. You are correct, there seems to be a problem. No more pics on my blog! I'll see what I can do...

Brian H. said...

Sort of fixed. By laboriously and painstakingly re-linking all the pictures. Maybe I'll work back through the previous posts and fix them also. Eventually.

Ted C. MacRae said...

That's a sparkly bike!

Love the saddle.

You must be really tall - that head tube is about the same size as my seat tube!

Brian H. said...

Ha, the indoor pic is nothing...you should see it sparkle in the sun!

Yep, 6'4"...I ride the big bikes. Slowly.