December 3, 2009

Cardiotrainer


The Droid phone continues to astound me. All that technology and capability in such a tiny little device! One of the apps I just downloaded - and will try tomorrow - is "Cardiotrainer". It uses the GPS and accelerometers to track your location and, if running or jogging, your steps. It then does various analysis, can upload to a website, or even post to Facebook.

It will even provide you with voice-prompts.  Time intervals, speed intervals, and a "race-against-yourself" feature which will compare your current track to a previous track, and tell you how far ahead or behind you are.

The only downside I've noticed so far is the snooty British man voice.  I miss the sultry Garmin GPS babe voice:  "Please drive the indicated route....recalculating.  Please drive the indicated route...recalculating.  You are such a man, you never listen to me.  Recalculating, you ignorant SOB.  Drive where I tell you!"

So far, it looks like it's only available for Android phones.  But if you're cool, you have one so this is not a problem.  I'm sure the iPhone has plenty of similar apps, if you're into that whole iPhone thing.

2 comments:

Bobber said...

wow, that's fantastic! Keep posting about Android apps, this is great.

Brian H. said...

Thanks, bobber! This comment, by the way, was written on my Droid.