December 3, 2009

Have too much money?

There's a company willing to take it from you. Especially if ceramic bearings on your bike don't quench your non-metallic bike lust.

How about ceramic cable housings? You heard me. And the price? A paltry $250. Yeah. Sadly, I don't have too much money, so I will not be buying them.

Now, aside from the tires, tubes, and cables...you could theoretically build an entire bike from non-metallic material! Get to it! You will go faster, I promise. I'm surprised no one has made a ceramic chain now that I think about it...

In other news, the Gunnar is now attached to my indoor trainer. It's smooth, and definitely stiffer than the ancient Trek 560 which used to do trainer duty. I'm trying that new "ergo-compact" or whatever handlebar bend...can't say I'm overly impressed, but I'll wait to pass judgment until I get some road miles with it. I'm starting to think I prefer deep-drop traditional bend bars. Does that make me a retro-grouch? Deep drop because of my giant paws. Traditional because sometimes I feel like having my hands behind the levers, and sometimes I want them parallel to the ground.

No comments: