September 29, 2009

Careful what you wish for!

Yes, well, these new drugs appear to be working. So well, in fact, that I can see what appears to be a polyp up inside my left sinuses. Formerly obstructed by bloated tissue. White spongy, floppy looking thing up in there, as opposed to the rest of the fleshy-looking structures around it. That's going to have to come out at the talented hands of Dr. Druck, no doubt about it.

I am happy to report that although I still have only limited nose-breathing capabilities, at one day post-steroids my sinuses are much improved. Although I do have some weird heart palpitations/high blood pressure, so have to keep an eye on that. Could just be from the withdrawal of the 'roids. Current meds are: Zyrtec (morning); Nasonex (evening); Xyzal (evening); Benadryl (as needed). I'm sleeping much better, thank you. I may switch the Zyrtec and Xyzal, or discontinue the Zyrtec altogether. Although they are different mechanisms of action...but anyway we'll see. Cross your fingers.

In other news, I've "flipped" my flip-flop IRO Jamie Roy over to the fixed-gear side. Just to mix it up. I kind of like the direct-drive action. Don't worry, though, it still has a full complement of brakes, fenders, and regular drop bars. I am in no danger of becoming a hipster. I'm far too old for that, anyway.

No comments: