September 8, 2009

What is wrong with the world?


Ok, one of my minor pet peeves. Today I receive an email advertisement from a popular discount computer store. One of the taglines reads - and I'm not making this up - "Delivers unmatched technology for Intelligent of performance on the most demand tasks..."

Do you see the problem here? That is so bad, it hurts my brain to read it.

Also, claims like "Multi-task up to 28% faster." Faster than what? Faster than the competition? Faster than the previous CPU from Intel? Faster than a cow? That number is meaningless.

If advertisers can't even bother to come up with coherent copy, I'm certainly not going to bother buying from them. As a result of this, I "unsubscribed" from this merchant's email list. I mean really, it's not some mom-and-pop operation. They can afford decent writers.

No comments: