September 3, 2009

Walking is for cavemen

Today I was faced with a dilemma. I needed to get my rent check from my abode to the office, roughly 2 blocks away. Fire up the car? That would be absurd. Walk at night? People might think I'm a lunatic and pepper spray me. A tall male walking at night without a dog can be frightening, especially one as menacing-looking as me. The scar on my face makes me look like...oh who am I thinking of...Scarface.

Bike to the rescue! Pumped up the tires on the singlespeed, slapped on some lights, and headed out. Shorts, tennis shoes, t-shirt. No kit required. I even went "extreme" and didn't put on my helmet. Danger is my middle name. It's nice, from time to time, to ride like the old pro's before helmets were all the rage. Roughly 30 seconds later I arrived at the office. Dropped off check. 30 seconds after that, back at my hovel. Bam. Simple as that.

Bikes. They rock.

No comments: