August 30, 2009

Wind - it's there

Yup, windy today. A first taste of fall. Cool (65F!) with a lovely 12mph breeze. Which naturally manifested as a crosswind for the bulk of today 1.5 hour ride. Normally wind makes me lazy, but today it actually seemed to inspire me to work harder. Good ride, though I definitely prefer warmer temps. Took a while to warm up and be comfortable.

And to motorists who complain about "scofflaw" cyclists - STFU. Today I waited at an intersection to make a left turn. No fewer than three successive cars chose to not employ their turn signals - thereby preventing me from making my turn. I don't know where these motorists get off; a solid 50% or more ignore at least one traffic law every 5 minutes. And yet they see one cyclist rolling a stop sign and suddenly all cyclists are criminals who deserve to be "taught a lesson" and slaughtered.

No comments: