August 1, 2009

RoadID review

In keeping with my dream of doing reviews, here's another. My RoadID showed up in the mail the other day.
I've seen the ads for a while, but was finally moved to buy one. I got tired of moving my license to my bike all the time, then forgetting to put it back in my wallet.

Right off the bat, RoadID treated me right. One of the owners emailed me, personally, complimenting me on my intelligence:

"You have made a very wise investment in your safety and peace of mind - it's quite obvious that you are a highly intelligent individual." -Edward Wimmer Co-Owner Road ID

Surely that's not a canned, computer-generated email. It's like he knows me! With such personal attention, I eagerly awaited my RoadID. It shipped fast, and got here even faster.

It's actually nicer than I was imagining. Very well made, the laser-engraving looks fantastic. Alas, I ordered a medium/large according to their sizing guide. It fits, but just barely. I'm sure they'd have no problem sending me another wristband, but I chose to just buy the next larger size. It's only $3! Can't beat that.

So to sum up, I couldn't be more pleased. The price is a little on the high side, but given the sturdy construction I anticipate this thing will last for decades. And I won't have to worry about the whereabouts of my driver's license anymore. If you've ever been run off the road, wrecked, or otherwise been concerned about being identified if you're taking an involuntary nap, go get one. If this:happens on my bike, instead of being the result of a vicious robot attack, I'll be covered.

No comments: