May 11, 2009

2nd ride!

Yeow. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Just kidding! After being fitted properly - dropping the saddle and bars a bit - I took the new Trek out to the familiar Creve Coeur Park stomping grounds. Yep, it's pretty fast. Initially I thought I had a tailwind, but no...went just as fast on the return. Legs could only tolerate about an hour of that kind of abuse. The Trek seems to hold speed better than the TCR, though this is completely inexplicable. I hit 20mph, and actually maintained it. Weird. Must be psychological. I also checked the circumference setting on the computer, but no - it was right.

In other news, CC Park has been overrun with cyclists - many of them apparently new as evidenced by their random weaving - wearing Livestrong paraphernalia. It looks like Lance fever is back. We'll see how he does in his first serious mountain stage since the return. Giro, oh yeah.

No comments: