May 4, 2009

Rage update

Still no Trek. I am still carbon fiber free. Unless you count the soles of my cycling shoes, anyway. Tomorrow I will go irritate the kind folks at the local bike shop, and try to get some information. Maybe have a little conversation with the Trek people. Maybe take a little drive up to Wisconsin for a little personal consultation on proper customer service. At this point I'm thinking Trek needs to waive the custom paint upcharge, to compensate me for my rage. All this rage has been detrimental to my health.

In other news, I ran into my friend Nigel from Scinomix. I met Nigel at my first job out of college, he's an alright dude. If you need a robot built, he can make it happen. And I'm happy to say he's taken up cycling; we talked about the MS150 -I'm sorry "Bike MS" - he and his wife plan to ride in their second this year. I tried to talk him into forming his own team, so I get a cool Scinomix jersey.

I also ran into TK, to conduct a little eBay business. TK's an alright dude, too, though I haven't known him long, and only from eBay transactions. He's a long time Cat 2 racer, and I doubt I could keep up with him on a bike even if he tied one leg behind his back. Sadly we couldn't talk long as the Super Wagon was obstructing important Bread Company commerce, and I had to depart.

Always nice to talk with cyclists, even though I am carbon fiber deficient. Where's mah Trek?

No comments: