May 20, 2009

Pedal changing...

Ah, change is in the air. Among cyclists, pedals are nearly as personal a topic as saddle choice. Back in the day, I naturally used Look pedals - being the first and only clipless pedal at the time. I then switched to Shimano for the float action. Then to Speedplay for the miraculous float and light action. Alas, the Speedplays are truly fantastic for riding...but the cleats are torture to even dab a toe at a stoplight. So, in my continuous quest for perfection, I'm trying out some Time Impact pedals - the pedals, incidentally, that came stock on the Giant TCR so many years ago.
I like the looks of them. Big, huge honkin' steel platform to situate my enormous feet on. Ample float. Even a little lateral float for good measure. They're on the bike, cleats are on the shoes...we will see tomorrow if my knees instantly fall off in protest.

Time has a newer version of these now...but they're plastic and look cheesy. And for some people at least, the front bit snaps off in short order. I'll try these, thank you.

No comments: