May 21, 2009

In other news

I nearly fell over, in front of witnesses. The combination of new pedals, attempting to use a badge reader to open a gate - cross-handed - and an impatient car behind me made for a wobbly moment. Trying to stop with both feet clipped in, and simultaneously swipe a badge reader across your body does not make for a stable bike.

Fortunately, I managed to whip a foot out of the pedal and put it down before embarrassing disaster struck. I figure everyone who has used clipless pedals has fallen over at least once, but car drivers don't always sympathize.

I've also determined the stock Bontrager saddle is not going to cut it. It's okay up to about 40 miles or so, but after that my tender regions do not enjoy it. Irritation to my nether area is something up with which I will not put. The redesigned Selle Italia Flite is on its way. White. I've ridden the Flite for years and years...but the new redesigned version is untested. Hopefully it fits. If not, I know a guy who will eBay it for me.

No comments: